Majdi Food Company is ISO 22000:2005 and ISO 9001:2008 certified
ISO 22000 is a Food Safety Management System that can be applied to any organization in the food chain, farm to fork. Becoming certified to ISO 22000 allows a company to show their customers that they have a food safety management system in place. ISO 2200:2005 is a specific food safety standard under the umbrella of ISO 22000 Standard.
ISO-22000-2005--9001-2008ISO 22000:2005 specifies requirements for a food safety management system where an organization in the food chain needs to demonstrate its ability to control food safety hazards in order to ensure that food is safe at the time of human consumption. Meeting the requirements of ISO 22000:2005 are achieved through the use of internal and/or external resources.
ISO 22000:2005 specifies requirements to enable an organization-
- to plan, implement, operate, maintain and update a food safety management system aimed at providing products that, according to their intended use, are safe for the consumer,
- to demonstrate compliance with applicable statutory and regulatory food safety requirements,
- to evaluate and assess customer requirements and demonstrate conformity with those mutually agreed customer requirements that relate to food safety, in order to enhance customer satisfaction,
- to effectively communicate food safety issues to their suppliers, customers and relevant interested parties in the food chain,
- to ensure that the organization conforms to its stated food safety policy,
- to demonstrate such conformity to relevant interested parties,
- to seek certification or registration of its food safety management system by an external organization