Serving Portions: 4
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Print this recipe
- 250 g unsalted butter
- 4 Cox orange pippin apple
- 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- apple juice, cider or calvados , optional
- First, clarify the butter by boiling it in a small pan.
- Strain it into a container through a sieve lined with a coffee filter.
- Peel, core and slice each apple into 8, then sprinkle over a little lemon juice to prevent the slices from browning.
- Heat some clarified butter in a non-stick frying pan, and add the apple pieces in one layer. Cook until the undersides are nicely tanned.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon, then turn over the apple slices and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar. They’ll start to caramelise quite quickly.
- Lift the apples into a dish. Pour a splash of the apple juice, cider, calvados or water in the pan, bubble it up, then pour over the apples. Serve with crème fraîche.
Some brands of butter cook quicker, therefore keep an eye not to overcook the butter
Kuwait City, Kuwait+965 email@example.com
Share this recipe